Pages

Monday 9 December 2013

One video on FB; hundred deaths in India


Well, yes, it’s true just few months ago; Facebook turned Hindus and Muslims into enemies in the peaceful town of Muzaffarnagar in the state of Uttar Pradesh in India.
A video showing brutal killing of two Hindus by a group of Muslims was uploaded on Facebook. The place mentioned was Muzaffarnagar. Hundreds of fake accounts were created and the video was made to go viral. Especially, users from Muzaffarnagar were e-mailed this video. It was later known that it was a fake video (and not even in India!).
The Facebook post included the words – “Be ready for the war!” in Hindi. Later, the video was removed (an earlier uploaded) using a proxy code connected to a server in the US of A. At least 150 people (and that’s a big number) died in the riot.
Here’s one incident-
“I was tied to a pole using ropes. My wife’s and children’s hands and legs were tied. They were burnt using kerosene in front of my eyes.” said a man to a news channel.
Yes, it’s true; TECHNOLOGY IS NOW POWERFUL ENOUGH TO KILL HUMANITY. The same way ‘unreal and disgusting’ news was spread through Twitter. The news even reached till parts of Qatar. Some people in Pakistan tried (yet again) to start an Anti-Hindu campaign. Some Hindu communities are still angry about the riots and keep blaming it on Muslims.
All this was a result of intentionally created misunderstanding by political parties. The lesson of ‘divide and rule’ has been glued to the minds of Indian politicians. I do not want too much into politics. I want to say that misuse of social networking sites is a matter of worldwide concern. As far as I am considered, I do not want to see social networks become a tool of dirty politics and terrorism.
Parliamentarians and other leaders can influence IT firms so much that they find no shame in killing people. It takes few thousand bucks to kill hundreds of people.
Here’s one example-
“67% of twitter followers of Narendra Modi (Opposition party’s Prime Ministerial candidate in India) are false.” according to an Indian magazine (although I don’t know how true this figure is).
MONEY IS AGAIN AND AGAIN SHOWING THAT IT IS SUPERIOR TO HUMANITY. But, money alone cannot create about a thousand FB accounts. Of course it is done by members of different IT firms but HOW?
I need to do a little more research about how IT firms are able to kill hundreds with few mouse clicks; undetected.
Share this article and e-mail this to you friends and family to spread awareness about this issue. You can find me, Aditya Kumar Saroj on Facebook or/and follow me on my new twitter account @aditya_speaking (I am not doing this to be popular.).
I will publish the second part of this article as soon as possible.

And I repeat again misuse of social networks is a matter of international consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment